We want everyone to enjoy some of the top East Coast beaches, so we prioritize wheelchair-accessible vacations, including handicapped-accessible beaches. We also want you to be comfortable, so we offer restrooms, changing stations and outdoor public showers for your convenience:
Make the trip to Atlantic City and enjoy one of the best free things to do in New Jersey! You’ll find all of the handicapped-accessible beaches below on our Atlantic City, New Jersey beach map. Start planning handicapped- and wheelchair-accessible vacations in Atlantic City today!
- Outdoor Public Showers are located at the Lifeguard District Stations and the casino Beach Bars have showers available for public access.
- Restrooms are located at several locations along the Boardwalk at: Bartram Ave., Albany Ave., Chelsea Ave., Kennedy Plaza at Mississippi Ave., New York Ave., Garden Pier at New Jersey Ave., New Hampshire Ave., and Caspian Ave.
- ADA compliant restrooms are available at Caspian Ave.
- Handicap beach access ramps are located along the Boardwalk (see the New Jersey map below for accessible beaches)
- Handicap beach surf chairs are available free of charge on a first-come-first-serve basis. Please call (609) 347-5312 in advance to make arrangements. Storage is available for standard wheel chairs while using the surf chair. Surf chairs can accommodate up to 350 lbs.
- There are no bathhouses in Atlantic City.
BEACH DISTRICT: PHONE NUMBER:
DISTRICT 1- CASPIAN AVENUE (609) 347-5301
DISTRICT 2- NEW HAMPSHIRE AVENUE (609) 347-5302
DISTRICT 3- STATES AVENUE (609) 347-5303
DISTRICT 4- SOUTH CAROLINA AVENUE (609) 347-5304
DISTRICT 5- KENTUCKY AVENUE (609) 347-5305
DISTRICT 6- MICHIGAN AVENUE (609) 347-5306
DISTRICT 7- MISSOURI AVENUE (609) 347-5307
DISTRICT 8- TEXAS AVENUE (609) 347-5308
DISTRICT 9- CHELSEA AVENUE (609) 347-5309
DISTRICT 10- ALBANY AVENUE (609) 347-5310
DISTRICT 11- BARTRAM AVENUE (609) 347-5311