FIND YOUR HAPPY PLACE AT ATLANTIC CITY’S HAPPY HOURS
Happy hour devotees searching for “five o’clock somewhere” can find it anywhere and anytime in Atlantic City. Day or night, visitors can unwind in upscale casino bars with sweeping views or casual local spots. Because there’s no such thing as too much of a good thing, a number of establishments offer happy hour specials throughout the day into the wee hours of the morning.
Here are a few locations in and around Atlantic City where special pricing on cocktails, beer, wine and food can make happy hour a little happier:
In the Casinos:
“Power Hour” at Morton’s Steakhouse at Caesars
is happy hour done right! From 4:45 PM to 6:30 PM and 9:00 to close, choose from the restaurant’s Bar Bites menu with petite filet mignon sandwiches, short rib steak tacos, shishito peppers and other favorites ranging from $7 to $9. Drink specials start at $5.50. You can catch happy hour Sunday - Friday.
(609) 449-1044; 2100 Pacific Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401; www.mortons.com/atlanticcity
offers a plethora of drinking and munching options during happy hour. Unwind in swanky surroundings and partake in an array of appetizers and drink specials at Vic & Anthony’s Steakhouse
. Appetizers ranging from $6 to $8 and drinks starting at $4 are available Monday - Saturday (4:00 PM to 7:00 PM). Satisfy your hunger with a trip to Bill’s Bar & Burger
for ½ off appetizers, $3 domestic beers or $5 house wines. Happy hour is 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM daily and 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM on Friday. Relax with a cool drink or quick bite during happy hour at Chart House
. On Tuesday - Friday (4:00 PM to 7:00 PM) and Sunday (4:00 PM to 7:00 PM), feast on appetizers ranging in price from $5 to $8 while enjoying a wide variety of beverages including $3 domestic beers, $6 wines and $7 cocktails. Tempt your palate with a sampling of Asian cuisine at Lillie’s
. Pick from a selection of small plates, skewers or sushi rolls and wash it all down with a glass of house sake or beer starting at $4. Still undecided? How does a $3 peach Bellini sound? Grotto Italian Restaurant
offers that and more during happy hour every Monday (all day) and Tuesday - Sunday (4:00 PM to 7:00 PM). Try cherry pepper shooters for $6, fried artichokes for $7 or Italian long hots for $8 among other items. If a Bellini isn’t in the cards for you, happy hour also offers draft and domestic beers for $4, wine for $7 and specialty cocktails set you back $7. (609) 441-2000; 600 Huron Avenue Atlantic City, NJ 08401; www.goldennugget.com/atlantic-city
Scrumptious happy hour delights await you every day at McCormick & Schmick’s located inside Harrah’s.
A selection of $3 snacks, $5 munchies, $7 goodies and $9 bites will no doubt sate any appetite. Be sure to top it off with a cold section of local and craft beers, spirits, wine or a hand-crafted cocktail or martini. Happy hour takes place 4:00 PM to 7:00PM (Monday - Friday) and Noon to 5:00 PM (Saturday & Sunday).
Villain & Saint located in Ocean Resort Casino
is the gathering spot for rockers of all ages and styles. Patrons can enjoy live shows every weekend and a pub menu of delicious wings, cheese fries, hummus plates and more. Happy hour takes place Wednesday - Friday (4:00 PM to 7:00 PM) with drinks and appetizers costing $7 each. (609) 783-8000; 500 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08401; www.theoceanac.com
Gallagher’s Burger Bar at Resorts Casino Hotel
offers happy hour specials Sunday - Friday (Noon to 6:00 PM) with your choice of $3 select beers, $4 sangria and $5 select wines and cocktails.
(609) 340-6554; 1133 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08401; www.resortsac.com
Almost every hour at Tropicana Casino & Resort
is a happy one with a wide variety of special offerings.
Whiskey Five Bar -
Happy hour Friday-Saturday 5pm-8pm. Enjoy $5 NJ beers and wines and $6 whiskey of the week.
- Happy hour daily from 4pm-7pm. Food specials include rotating $3 Especialidades, and $5 guacamole made with avocado, roasted jalapeno and cotja cheese served with Taro chips. Enjoy $3 draft and bottle beers along with $4 sangria and $5 wines.
- Serving up delicious late happy hour specials along with DJ every Friday 10pm - close, Saturday 10pm-close, and Sunday 8pm-11pm. $6 Maki & Small Plates; $5 select sake; $4 select beer;
- Every Sunday - Thursday from 3pm-7pm. $4 select drafts; $5 Domestic bottle beer; $6 imported bottle beer; $6 select wines; $7 select cocktails.
- Thursday night Happy Hour from 10pm-midnight enjoy $6 drinks specials and 1/2 price select liquor bottles.
- Happy Hour done big! Drink specials from $5 - $7, Monday - Friday 3pm-6pm.
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar
- Be transported to old Havana with Cuba Libre's happy hour, week days from 5pm-7pm. Specials include $5 caipirinhas and house Cuba Libres; $4 house wine and sangria and $3 beer plus a grande tapas menu. Bonus: Friday & Saturday from 4-6pm pitchers of Mojito and sangria are offered at 1/2 price.
Ri Ra Irish Pub
- Happy hour is Sunday-Thursday from 3pm-6pm where you can enjoy $3.50 domestics, $4.50 house cocktails, and $5 glasses of house wines, plus food specials.
Chickie's & Pete's
- Boasting an all day happy hour, seven days a week. Domestic drafts starting at $3.50, select import drafts at $4.50 and liquor specials at $5.
Broadway Burger Bar
- Sunday-Friday from 3pm-7pm is happy our. $2 Bud Light draft; $3 select domestic beer; $4 select craft beer; $5 ultimate vodka; $5 Pyrat rum cocktails; $5 infused martinis, $5 select wines; $5 select shots; $6 roca Patron. The happy hour continues Friday-Saturday with late night features from 10:30pm - close.
Casa Taco & Tequila Bar
- Happy hour Monday - Friday, 1pm-7pm at the bar. Enjoy $3 single tacos; $6 nachos; $8 cheese quesadilla; $6 house Margaritas, $5 well drinks; $4 red or white sangria; $5 Budweiser, $5 Corona.
A Dam Good Sports Bar
- Where it's always happy hour! Daily specials include $3 PBR, Miller Hi Life drafts, $6 select martinis and of course $5 & $6.50 40oz beers.
Anthem Lounge -
stylish and Trendy, happy hour on Friday and Sunday from 11pm-midnight with $5 drink specials and 2 for 1 bottle service packages.
- For a laid back good time enjoy happy hour here. Monday - Friday 4pm-7pm get $6 long Islands and $2 Coors Lights, Budweiser, bud Light, Miller Lite, Yuengling, 16oz drafts and $5 house wines by the glass.
The Sixty Café Bar & Lounge located inside the Flagship
, offers daily happy hour specials beginning at 2:00 PM. There’s never a need to go thirsty with beers starting at $3, house mixed drinks for $4 and wine for $5 a glass. Bar bites such as spinach and artichoke dip, wings and hummus begin at $4. Not to be outdone, Blue Water Grille offers domestic and bottled beer starting at $4 with house mixed drinks and wine for $6. Leave room for your choice of cheesesteak egg rolls, caprese, popcorn shrimp or clam strips going for $5. Happy hour is daily from 5:00 to 7:00 PM.
(609) 343-7447; 60 N Maine Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401; www.fantasearesorts.com/resorts/flagship/#
Gourmet Italian Cuisine
offers daily happy hour specials with reduced drink and food prices. Happy hour is 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM. (609) 652-1398; 324 S. Pitney Road, Galloway, NJ 08205; www.gourmetitaliancuisine.com
Visit Harry’s Oyster Bar & Seafood
for the “Buck-a-Shuck” happy hour. This unique offering features $1 oysters on the half shell, $3 draft beer with wine and cocktails for $5 each. Happy hour is Monday - Friday (4:00 PM to 6:30 PM). (609) 431-0092; 1900 Pacific Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401; www.harrysoysterbar.com
An Atlantic City staple since 1912, Knife & Fork
offers a happy hour selection of ½ price appetizers and raw bar daily from 4:00 PM to 6:30 PM
(609) 344-1133; 3600 Atlantic Avenue, Atlantic City, NJ 08401; www.knifeandforkinn.com
Did someone say margarita? It’s always a fiesta during happy hour at Mexico Restaurant & Bar
with drink specials starting at $4, select beers starting at $2 and $5 appetizers consisting of nachos, flautas or quesadillas. Get your “happy” on Sunday - Friday (11:00 AM to 2:00 PM and 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM).
(609) 344-0366; 3810 Ventnor Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401; www.mexicorestaurantbar.com
holds happy hour Monday - Friday (11:00 AM to 6:00 PM). Enjoy domestic bottles ($3), select drafts ($4), $5 well cocktails and an array of appetizers ranging from $6 to $8.
(609) 345-5757; 2201 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08401
567 Happy Hour at the Baremore Tavern in Smithville
offers great $5 fare such as tuna ceviche, corn & crab fritters, truffle shoestring fries and much more. Quench your thirst with a glass of $6 wine or $7 martinis. Happy hour is Monday - Friday (5:00 PM to 7:00 PM). (609) 652-7777; 1 N. New York Road, Smithville, NJ 08205: www.historicsmithvillenj.com/inn/about/baremore-tavern